Friday, January 6, 2012

Wiki Word?

Listen to this blog.

I am Jesus! And I am the one who sent my angel to tell all of you these things for the churches. I am David’s Great Descendant, and I am also the bright morning star.

The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” Everyone who hears this should say, “Come!” If you are thirsty, come! If you want life-giving water, come and take it. It’s free!
Here is my warning for everyone who hears the prophecies in this book: If you add anything to them, God will make you suffer all the terrible troubles written in this book.

If you take anything away from these prophecies, God will not let you have part in the life-giving tree and in the holy city described in this book.

Revelation 22:16-19

The Bible is the only book I know that is regularly edited by it's readers. No one even thinks of changing the words of other great literature, but the Bible is different. It is almost like Wikipedia, where everyone who reads it can add something to the text! "I know what the Bible says, but what it means is" are words that are casually spoken by those who have no clue of the eternal consequences of the statement.

Almost thirty years ago I was involved in a "Tea Party" type protest of taxes. I was a radio talk show host and my listeners decided to mail tea bags to congress. I think it was the first of the modern "tea bag" expressions of public feeling, but the really interesting thing to me is that when a friend of mine added the event to the Wikipedia description of the history of tea party stuff, it was removed several times. He finally gave up. I think that there was a strong desire to be recognized as the "first" in the Tea Party movement and my bit of truth caused a real problem for those who wanted that honor.

So when you go to God's Word do you edit out parts of the Bible, at least in your own heart, because of your own desire to have God's Word affirm your life and actions?

When you read the Bible take off all the filters and all the colored glasses that change it into something that simply affirms your beliefs or actions. Let the Word of God change you, not the other way around. You will be amazed at what unbridled truth will do in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment