Sunday, September 30, 2012

No Sin to Love a Sinner!

Click here to listen to blog

My dear friends, we must love each other. Love comes from God, and when we love each other, it shows we have been given new life. We are now God's children, and we know him. God is love, and anyone who doesn't love others has never known him. God showed his love for us when he sent his only Son into the world to give us life. Real love isn't our love for God, but his love for us. God sent his Son to be the sacrifice by which our sins are forgiven.

Dear friends, since God loved us this much, we must love each other.

No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is truly in our hearts

1 John 4:7-12.

As a father of six children I can tell you how they can give me joy. I am happy when they succeed or are blessed in some way. I am grateful when they remember their parents in special ways. But my greatest joy comes when I see them loving each other! It is almost like my hatred of snakes. I can't tell you exactly why I hate snakes, but I really do. I can't tell you why it brings me so much joy when my children love each other, but it really does.

One of God's highest priorities is the same. He so wants to see us loving our brothers and sisters in Christ. That is why Satan so wants to divide us over "doctrinal issues." God the Father suffers when He sees His own children at war with each other.

So how do we change from being at war with brothers with whom we have differences of understanding of God and His Word, to loving them and thus bringing joy to God?

The answer is this: Love is not limited to those with whom we agree on everything. You can be a loving brother or sister even when you have stark differences. You can even love someone who is not a brother, but wants you to believe he is one. It is no sin to love a sinner as if he were not.

If you are worried that you will become like this "false follower" and be led away from the truth, then consider this: No one but Jesus must be the object of your faith and you must be led by no one except the Holy Spirit. Let the Bible be the compass for your walk and no one else. Even the most righteous among you can lead you away from Jesus without you even knowing it. Love every man and be led only by the Lord!

"Lord, help me to keep my eyes focused clearly on You. May I love all of my brothers and sisters with the Love that comes from You. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment