Sunday, December 2, 2012

God Loves You!

I have given myself completely for their sake, so they may belong completely to the truth.

I am not praying just for these followers. I am also praying for everyone else who will have faith because of what my followers will say about me. I want all of them to be one with each other, just as I am one with you and you are one with me. I also want them to be one with us. Then the people of this world will believe that you sent me.

I have honored my followers in the same way you honored me, in order that they may be one with each other, just as we are one. I am one with them, and you are one with me, so they may become completely one. Then this world's people will know that you sent me. They will know that you love my followers as much as you love me.

John 17:19-23

It is only when you have a child of your own that you begin to understand how much your parents love you. In a human sense parents play the role of the Creator of their children. God, the Creator loves each of His children with the same "I Will Die for You" love that a human parent has for a child. It is the same but it is also greater by many magnitudes.

In fact, God in the person of His Son Jesus did die for His children! The story is remarkably simple and yet utterly complex. God's ultimate creation which was made in His own image turned from Him and ran away to live a life that ends in Eternal Death!

The sorrow of God gave way to a Plan that would bring mankind back to that perfect relationship of Creator and Created.

Jesus came to earth and worked God's Plan by dying on the Cross. His resurrection sealed the deal and the price was paid for every man to shed the burden of his sin and return to the Father who created him.

"Lord give me a new awareness of the greatness of Your love for me. Help me to believe that which the world cannot believe. Lord, I choose to rest secure in Your love today. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment