Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Jesus Understands!

Click here to listen to blog

Jesus understands every weakness of ours, because he was tempted in every way that we are. But he did not sin!   So whenever we are in need, we should come bravely before the throne of our merciful God. There we will be treated with undeserved grace, and we will find help.

Hebrews 4:15-16

Understanding comes with suffering. When you experience a great tragedy you can come along side others who have gone through the same thing and bring comfort.

When my daughter died, more than twenty years ago, it gave my wife and I the ability to mourn with those who mourn because of the death of a child. Every "recovery" group has the element of mutual and shared suffering. You look around at others and know that they know what you are going through.

It is really hard to grasp that Jesus was "tempted in every way that we are." For something to qualify as a "temptation" I have to feel the pull toward doing that thing. I am not "tempted" to eat when I am not hungry. Jesus, in His flesh was drawn toward sin. He understands how I feel when I am tempted. Symbolically Jesus stands once again in the Garden of Eden and refuses to eat of the fruit, even though He was tempted to do so!
So when you turn your heart to Jesus and confess your most heinous sin, Jesus responds with "I was tempted to do that too!"

"Lord Jesus, I pour out my heart to You and let Your light shine on all my sin. I want to hear Your words of understanding and forgiveness. There is no weakness that You do not understand and no sin I can confess to You that You do not have the power to forgive! Praise Your name forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment