Saturday, June 29, 2013

When I Disobey!


If your connection is too slow for video - click here for audio only

Our Lord, how long must I beg for your help before you listen?

How long before you save us from all this violence? Why do you make me watch such terrible injustice?  Why do you allow violence, lawlessness, crime, and cruelty to spread everywhere?

Laws cannot be enforced; justice is always the loser; criminals crowd out honest people and twist the laws around. Look and be amazed at what's happening among the nations!

Even if you were told, you would never believe what's taking place now.

Habakkuk 1:2-5

When laws are established to rule a nation the intent is that, that nation be at peace with itself and others because its people honor that which was written! But when those laws are ignored or cannot be enforced chaos follows and the nation ultimately falls into the hands of whoever is strong enough to capture it.

The laws that God has written for human beings are the same. When you obey the law of God you are at peace with yourself and with God. The very minute you say "I see what God says about this or that, but I am not going to obey this part of God's will because I don't like it" unrest will enter your heart and you will have set your feet firmly on the path that will lead to your downfall.

"But what about Jesus? I am saved by Grace through the Blood of Jesus. I don't have to obey the law! So why are you talking to me about the law?"

Oh yes, your eternal salvation is only dependent on your acceptance of Jesus Christ and the blood He shed for you on the Cross. But the "law" still has significance in your life. What if a man said "I am saved so I don't have to obey the law of gravity!" Where would that man be in only a short while? When you obey the Word of God you are honoring the One who wrote that Word!

"Lord Jesus, everywhere I look I see chaos and unrest because the laws are not enforced. Help me Lord to honor every Word that comes from Your mouth and honor You by my obedience to the Word! Give me the Peace that goes beyond understanding and show me today how to obey You and every Word that comes from You. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment