Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Shine Forever Like the Stars!

Click here to listen to the blog

Michael, the chief of the angels, is the protector of your people, and he will come at a time of terrible suffering, the worst in all of history. And your people who have their names written in The Book will be protected.  Many of those who lie dead in the ground will rise from death. Some of them will be given eternal life, and others will receive nothing but eternal shame and disgrace.  Everyone who has been wise will shine as bright as the sky above, and everyone who has led others to please God will shine forever like the stars.

Daniel, I now command you to keep the message of this book secret until the end of time, even though many people will go everywhere, searching for the knowledge to be found in it.

Daniel 12:1-4

If I could encourage you to do one thing in your life, it would be that you would please God by the way you live your life!  Yes it is true that God wants you to be happy, but the other side of that coin is that you can make God happy!  The joy that comes from love is seeing the object of that love blessed by your actions! 

The richest man on earth is the man who despite his lack of material goods and even good health can rest in peace with the joy of the Lord in his heart as he trusts completely in his Father in Heaven.  The prosperity of this man is beyond the imagination of those who depend on gold and silver for their measure of wealth. 

So the question that I must consider in every decision I make is this: What step can I take  that will "bless God" and make Him happy?  When I focus on His joy and not my own, I can move through the "good times" and the bad with peace in my heart and a certainty that all is indeed well! 

If I succeed at giving God pleasure, I can fail at everything else and it does not matter!  And according to these verses God is pleased when I encourage you to please Him as well! 

"Lord Jesus, I have been so very much concerned with my own happiness and so little with Yours.  Help me today to do at least one thing that brings You pleasure.  And may You be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment