Thursday, August 4, 2016

Build Your Boat!



Click here to listen to blog

“The Lord saw how bad the people on earth were and that everything they thought and planned was evil. He was sorry that he had made them, and he said, “I'm going to destroy every person on earth! I'll even wipe out animals, birds, and reptiles. I'm sorry I ever made them.”  But the Lord was pleased with Noah, and this is the story about him. Noah was the only person who lived right and obeyed God.”

Genesis 6:5-9

“What can I do Lord?  I think I may be the only one I know who trusts You and wants to follow You.”

The Bible doesn’t say that Noah prayed those words, but surely, Noah felt that he was powerless to do anything positive in the world!  Noah didn’t even have a small group of fellow believers who shared his love of God and desired to do God’s Will.  

Noah did not know that the future of every man who would ever live on earth after the time of Noah would rest squarely on his shoulders.  Today, Noah is everyone’s ancestor!  If it had not been for the faith and faithfulness of Noah the human race would not exist today!

So you feel alone in your walk with the Lord.  You may even be discouraged because, even though you are not alone, there are only a few other serious followers of Jesus around you!

Remember that when one man or woman trusts God and is faithful in being obedient to Him, the fate of the whole world may rest in the balance!  One man’s faith can rescue everyone on earth!  That is what happened in the case of Noah and those who would follow him!

Your job is not to persuade everyone to repent!  Your job is to trust the Lord and obey every Word you hear that comes from Him!  Noah didn’t know how important his faith and obedience were, and neither do you!

“Lord Jesus, there is no limit to what You can do with the faith of even one weak person like me.  Show me today how to build the boat you have planned for my life.  May You, Jesus be praised forever.  Amen.”


No comments:

Post a Comment