Thursday, December 29, 2016

Jesus Will Do Anything You Ask!





Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need."   Jesus replied: Philip, I have been with you for a long time. Don't you know who I am? If you have seen me, you have seen the Father. How can you ask me to show you the Father?  Don't you believe that I am one with the Father and that the Father is one with me? What I say isn't said on my own. The Father who lives in me does these things.  Have faith in me when I say that the Father is one with me and that I am one with the Father. Or else have faith in me simply because of the things I do. I tell you for certain that if you have faith in me, you will do the same things that I am doing. You will do even greater things, now that I am going back to the Father.
 Ask me, and I will do whatever you ask. This way the Son will bring honor to the Father.  I will do whatever you ask me to do.

John 14: 8 - 14

For many years I have considered these verses and wondered what the really mean.  Can a person who has faith in Jesus do the same things that Jesus did?  And what about the statement Jesus made about doing greater things?  How can that be?

Then Jesus even made it more difficult to grasp when He said, “I will do whatever you ask me to do.”  Did Jesus really mean that He will do anything I ask?  

The next verse in John 14 makes it much easier to understand.  It says, “Jesus said to his disciples: If you love me, you will do as I command.”  

The only way to know what Jesus meant when He said He would do anything you ask is to truly love Him and obey His every command!  Then, you will be able to understand how to ask Him for something, . . . .anything!  


“Lord Jesus, I want to love You and obey You in everything.  Give me a heart and mind so turned to You, that I will only ask You for the things that You know I can have and that You desire to give me!  May You, Jesus be praised forever!  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment