Monday, February 20, 2017

The Ministry of Becoming Less Important!


Click here to listen to blog
The next day, John saw Jesus coming toward him and said: Here is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!  He is the one I told you about when I said, “Someone else will come, who is greater than I am, because he was alive before I was born.”  I didn't know who he was. But I came to baptize you with water, so that everyone in Israel would see him.

John 1:29-31

John the Baptist baptized the people who came to him so that "everyone in Israel would see" Jesus! His purpose in living was to draw attention to Jesus.  At one point John said that Jesus must become more important and John must become less important!

Even though John decreased in his popularity and was ultimately beheaded, Jesus said that no one born on this earth was greater than John the Baptist.

Is the ministry of John the Baptist possible in your life today?  I think it is, and I believe we almost always overlook the ministry of becoming less important!

When someone sees the life you are living as a result of your personal relationship with Jesus Christ, it is your job to transfer their interest in you to Jesus Himself!  It would be like a man who introduced a young lady to his good friend, and then tried to stay deeply involved in the relationship that was developing.   The man will always be important to the couple, but cannot be and should not be involved! 

When you introduce someone to Jesus Christ, be John the Baptist and get out of the way for that glorious and eternal relationship to develop!  When a man pursues Jesus Christ no  other man is needed.
 
If you are substituting a relationship with any human being for an intimate bond with Jesus, then today is the time to turn and run to Jesus and forsake all others!  Jesus wants you to be His and His alone!

"Lord Jesus, help me to be like John the Baptist and become less important while You become more and more important in my own life and in the lives of everyone I know!  May You, Jesus be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment