Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Graduation Day!



Click here to listen to blog 

Jesus asked a third time, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus had asked him three times if he loved him. So he told Jesus, "Lord, you know everything. You know I love you." Jesus replied, "Feed my sheep."   I tell you for certain that when you were a young man, you dressed yourself and went wherever you wanted to go. But when you are old, you will hold out your hands. Then others will wrap your belt around you and lead you where you don't want to go."  Jesus said this to tell how Peter would die and bring honor to God. Then he said to Peter, "Follow me!"   Peter turned and saw Jesus' favorite disciple following them. He was the same one who had sat next to Jesus at the meal and had asked, "Lord, who is going to betray you?"  When Peter saw that disciple, he asked Jesus, "Lord, what about him?"  Jesus answered, "What is it to you, if I want him to live until I return? You must follow me."

John 21 : 17 - 22

Jesus told Peter the difficult truth about how his life would be as he neared the end of his time on earth.  Peter responded by pointing out Jesus’ favorite disciple and asking “What about him?”

Every follower of Jesus has a different set of sufferings that he or she will have to endure as they walk toward the end of life.  As you encounter the problems of life, it is easy to be just like Peter and ask God “What about him?”   Other followers of Jesus may seem to have less troubles and a much easier “Cross to bear,” but your job is to follow Jesus and not compare your sufferings with others! 

It is comforting to know that Jesus knows how your life on earth will end, and He knows when it will happen!  As a follower of Jesus, your life is absolutely written is His Book and He knows what will happen for every day that you have left here.

And He knows when you will transition from earth to Glory and come into His Holy Presence!  From the perspective of this earth that day may seem to be a  day of tragedy, but from the Throne Room of Heaven the day of your death is Graduation Day!

As Jesus told Peter, your job is to follow Jesus for every minute of your life until the day He takes you Home! 

“Lord Jesus, I know that You know when and how I will leave this earth, I also know that You have promised to be with me always until that day comes!  And when it comes, You have promised that You will be with me Forever!  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.   Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment