Sunday, April 18, 2021

Suffering and Dying!

 


 

 

All I want is to know Christ and the power that raised him to life. I want to suffer and die as he did, so that somehow I also may be raised to life.

Philippians 3:10-11

I remember first discovering the words: "I want to know Christ and the power that raised Him to life." But while I rejoiced in knowing Jesus and His power, I ignored the part about wanting to "suffer and die as He did."

Frankly, I didn't want to suffer at all, and death was not something I desired!

But being like Jesus in His suffering and death is the path to being like Jesus in His Resurrection! Suffering and death is the transition of a human body to a glorified body like Jesus has today. Death is not a destination, rather it is a stepping off point from earth to Eternity!

Jesus suffered because He walked daily in the Will of God! All the Evil in the universe focused itself on trying to destroy Jesus! That is why you must suffer as well. Satan and all of his demons could not keep Jesus in the grave! And when you suffer and die as Jesus did, they cannot keep you in the grave either! 

So if you know someone who loved Jesus greatly, but suffered terribly as they were about to die, take heart! Suffering and dying as He did is part of the Journey to Glory!

“Lord Jesus, I want to know You and the power that raised You to life, but I also desire to suffer and die as You did so I may be raised to life with You forever. Praise Your Holy Name now and forever. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment