Sunday, August 8, 2021

Favorite Place for Me in Heaven


 

 


Click here to listen to blog

Jesus said to his disciples, “Don’t be worried! Have faith in God and have faith in me. There are many rooms in my Father’s house. I wouldn’t tell you this, unless it was true. I am going there to prepare a place for each of you. After I have done this, I will come back and take you with me. Then we will be together.”

John 14:1-3 CEV

God’s house has many rooms, and as a follower of Jesus, your name is written above the door of one of them. For over 2000 years, Jesus has worked on places for all of His disciples, including you!

Reality TV shows that remodel houses often conclude the show with an almost life-size picture of the old house pulled out of the way to reveal the new creation. Many times, the new owners call on the Name of God in their joy and utter amazement.

The place that Jesus is preparing for you will shock you to your very core. The One who designed every beautiful sunset and glorious Spring flower is decorating a place in God’s house for you.  

Here on earth, I certainly like the city, town, or area in which I live, but my home is the best. My home is my favorite place to be. Jesus is preparing a Favorite Place for Me in Heaven. It will be better than I have ever dreamed.

When Jesus finishes the place for me, He will come back and take me to be with Him forever.

“Lord Jesus, I want to imagine the glory of the place You are preparing for me. As I look around here on earth and see all the suffering and pain, sin and death, and all the other things that came upon us because of our rebellion against You, give me a glimpse of what I will see on the day of my departure from this earth. May all men fall down and worship You and praise Your Holy Name. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment