Friday, March 18, 2011

White Rock–New Name!

"Anyone who has an ear should listen to what the Spirit says to the churches. I will give the victor some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name is inscribed that no one knows except the one who receives it.”

Revelation 2:15

     When you give someone a "nickname" it is usually a sign of endearment. Having a special name for someone you love is probably as old as Adam and Eve although we don't know what they called each other.
     I know that Jesus loves me and this verse clearly says that He has a special name for me that He will inscribe on a white stone.
     No one else will know the name that Jesus gives to me. That means when Jesus calls my name I will hear it, but everyone else will just hear the wind!
     If Jesus calls me by the name I have that everyone else knows I can easily wonder if it really is the voice of Jesus or someone else. But when Jesus calls me by my new name that only He knows there is no doubt.
     In some ways my new name on the white stone is the password to my heart. When I am called by that name I stop and open my heart to Jesus to hear His next command!

No comments:

Post a Comment