Monday, February 18, 2013

Your Thoughts Come First

Click here to listen to blog

You used to be far from God. Your thoughts made you his enemies, and you did evil things. But his Son became a human and died. So God made peace with you, and now he lets you stand in his presence as people who are holy and faultless and innocent. But you must stay deeply rooted and firm in your faith. You must not give up the hope you received when you heard the good news. It was preached to everyone on earth, and I myself have become a servant of this message.

Colossians 1:21-23

There is an old saying that sounds good, but really isn't true. Has someone ever said to you, "You are what you eat." As a kid I know it was an attempt to get me to eat my vegetables and not just live on junk food.

But really we are not what we eat. The truth is that we are what we think! Thoughts come first and then evil words and evil deeds. Unless you think a thing you will not say it or do it. Satan's war for control of your life begins in your mind. If he can get you to dwell on a thought that comes from him then acting on that thought is relatively simple. Just let the thought stay there long enough and you will act.

The path to be spiritually strong begins the same way. If we constantly fill our minds with God's Word and thoughts that come from Him there will be no place or time for Satan. And with God's Word in our thoughts we will not find it hard to do the deeds of righteousness that please God so very much.

"Lord Jesus, fill my mind today with Your thoughts and help me to run quickly away from every evil thought. May I have no time to consider or ponder the messages from Satan that are directed at my mind everyday. May I today think of nothing other than my Lord and Your Majesty and Glory. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment