Friday, September 22, 2017

Trust God When You are Afraid!




Have pity, God Most High! My enemies chase me all day.  Many of them are pursuing and attacking me, but even when I am afraid, I keep on trusting you. I praise your promises! I trust you and am not afraid. No one can harm me.  Enemies spend the whole day finding fault with me; all they think about is how to do me harm. They attack from ambush, watching my every step and hoping to kill me.  They won't get away with these crimes, God, because when you get angry, you destroy people.  You have kept record of my days of wandering. You have stored my tears in your bottle and counted each of them.  When I pray, LORD God, my enemies will retreat, because I know for certain that you are with me.  I praise your promises!  I trust you and am not afraid. No one can harm me.  I will keep my promises to you, my God, and bring you gifts.  You protected me from death and kept me from stumbling, so that I would please you and follow the light that leads to life.

Psalm 56: 1 - 14

If you are a man or woman of God, you will be attacked by those who do not fear Him!  Aligning yourself with God will put you squarely on Satan's target list!  

King David, who was a “man after God’s own heart,” declared that even when he was afraid, he kept on trusting God!  

Human emotion will flow through your heart every day.  You will be happy and joyful, sad and grieving, and sometimes even fearful, but you must keep on trusting God through it all!  Surprisingly it can often be harder to trust and depend on God during good times than during the difficult ones!  


“Lord Jesus, help me to trust You and depend on You no matter how my heart feels, even when I am afraid!  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment