Saturday, May 8, 2021

The Prize of Heaven


 

 

Praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is so good, and by raising Jesus from death, He has given us new life and a hope that lives on. God has something stored up for you in heaven, where it will never decay or be ruined or disappear.

1 Peter 1:3-4

Beautiful Christmas paper wrapped the box, and a ribbon finished the package with unknown contents! The card said it was from my father to me. My imagination went wild as I tore open the wrapping paper a hundred times in my mind! What could it be? The only way to find out was to wait until Christmas morning and open the gift as we celebrated that very special day!

If you are a child of God, He has “something stored up for you in heaven.” Your gift can never decay, be ruined or disappear. Your Father in Heaven knows your heart, and He knows what you need as well as what you want. When it comes time for you to open your gift from God in Eternity, you will not be disappointed!

You may speculate and guess what your gift will be, but the only way to “know” is to wait and see. On your journey to Eternity, there are many ways to become distracted by the devil as he tries to take your eyes off of Jesus and tempt you to pay attention to the world around you. But, let your heart stay focused on the prize in Heaven and the Day when you will see what God has stored up for you!

“Lord Jesus, help me keep my eyes on the Prize of Heaven and what You have planned for me there! May we praise always Your Holy Name! Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment