Monday, April 13, 2009

Who Do You Know?

To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

Titus 1:15-16

What is the difference in meeting someone and knowing that same person? The difference is huge. I met Billy Graham and shook his hand in a greeting line during one of his campaigns in, I think it was 1980. But I certainly cannot say that I know Billy Graham.

I am not impressed by the people you meet. I can be impressed by the people you know. When you meet someone you may know a great deal about the person, but there is no regular, personal communication between the two of you. Meeting someone takes only a few seconds. Knowing someone cannot be timed. Knowing someone may take and usually does take years.

So here is the simple question for today. Do you know Jesus or did you simply meet Him once? Meeting Jesus may be a very emotional experience and you may remember it with fondness for years to come, but knowing Jesus is different. Meeting Jesus is always yesterday, knowing Jesus is always today! Meeting Jesus is an experience. Knowing Jesus is a relationship.

Of course everyone you know is someone you met. I remember the very first time I came face to face with the girl who became my wife. Without the relationship that developed after we met that meeting would now be irrelevant.

Have you met Jesus Christ? I hope the answer is yes. Do you have an ongoing and growing relationship with Him that will go with you through eternity? Remember when you meet Jesus Christ it is just the beginning life with Him forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment