Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Dead Sea Lives!

Listen to this blog.

The man took me back to the temple, where I saw a stream flowing from under the entrance. It began in the south part of the temple, where it ran past the altar and continued east through the courtyard.

We walked out of the temple area through the north gate and went around to the east gate. I saw the small stream of water flowing east from the south side of the gate.

The man walked east, then took out his measuring stick and measured 500 meters downstream. He told me to wade through the stream there, and the water came up to my ankles. Then he measured another 500 meters downstream, and told me to wade through it there. The water came up to my knees. Another 500 meters downstream the water came up to my waist. Another 500 meters downstream, the stream had become a river that could be crossed only by swimming.

The man said, “Ezekiel, son of man, pay attention to what you've seen.”

We walked to the riverbank,  where I saw dozens of trees on each side.

The man said: This water flows eastward to the Jordan River valley and empties into the Dead Sea, where it turns the salt water into fresh water.  Wherever this water flows, there will be all kinds of animals and fish, because it will bring life and fresh water to the Dead Sea.

Ezekiel 47:1-9

The Dead Sea is the lowest spot on earth that is still above ground. It is reported to be 1388 feet below sea level. And unless it is flooded with fresh water, which happens rarely, nothing lives in the Dead Sea.

The stream of water that flows from the Throne of God will bring life, even to the Dead Sea. Does this prophecy in Ezekiel have a literal fulfillment or is it talking about the water of life that resurrects men from spiritual death and the prospect of Hell?

The living water that comes from the throne of God brings life to everything it touches.  Nothing can remain dead after it is bathed in that water.  Just as getting into a pool of water sometimes brought healing, the water of life resurrects every dead thing on which it flows.

"Lord, may your water flow into every part of my heart and life so that nothing in me will be dead, but everything will be alive in You.  May the fresh water of Your Spirit flood my life that men may see the life You give to all who call on the Name of Jesus"

No comments:

Post a Comment