Thursday, May 3, 2012

I See the Light!

Listen to this blog.

King Agrippa, one day I was on my way to Damascus with the authority and permission of the chief priests.  About noon I saw a light brighter than the sun. It flashed from heaven on me and on everyone traveling with me.

We all fell to the ground. Then I heard a voice say to me in Aramaic,  “Saul, Saul, why are you so cruel to me? It's foolish to fight against me!”

“Who are you?” I asked.

Then the Lord answered, “I am Jesus! I am the one you are so cruel to.

Now stand up. I have appeared to you, because I have chosen you to be my servant. You are to tell others what you have learned about me and what I will show you later.”
The Lord also said, “I will protect you from the Jews and from the Gentiles that I am sending you to.

I want you to open their eyes, so they will turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then their sins will be forgiven, and by faith in me they will become part of God's holy people.”

King Agrippa, I obeyed this vision from heaven.

Acts 26:12-19

When Paul "saw the light" he heard the voice of Jesus.  Seeing the light is the same as seeing the truth.  Paul had been persecuting and even killing those who followed Jesus until Jesus appeared to him on the road to Damascus.

The immediate reaction to Paul's seeing that light that was brighter than the sun was that he became blind.  After he turned his heart to Jesus Paul's vision was healed.  

The same is true for you and me.  When Jesus shows Himself to us we become blind to the things of this world.  No one can gaze on both the world and the Lord at the same time.   

Remember if you want to see Jesus you will become blind to this world.   And if you want to see this world you will not see Jesus!

The choice is yours.  You can gaze upon the glory of this world or you can look at the eternal Glory of Jesus Christ forever!  It really is no contest.  Choose the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment