Wednesday, May 25, 2016

A Pure Heart and Faith!




We have a great high priest who is in charge of God's house.  So let's come near God with pure hearts and a confidence that comes from having faith. Let's keep our hearts pure, our consciences free from evil, and our bodies washed with clean water.  We must hold tightly to the hope we say is ours. After all, we can trust the one who made the agreement with us.  We should keep on encouraging each other to be thoughtful and to do helpful things.  Some people have given up the habit of meeting for worship, but we must not do that. We should keep on encouraging each other, especially since you know that the day of the Lord's coming is getting closer.

Hebrews 10:21-25

Jesus wants you to have a pure heart!  In fact, in the Sermon on the mount Jesus said that if you have a pure heart you will be able to see God!  My understanding of a pure heart is that it has to do with my motives.  If I have secret and self serving reasons for doing the things that I do, then my heart is not pure!  If my heart is pure, then like God Himself, I AM who I AM.  There is no deception in my heart!

So if my heart is pure, can I because of that be confident before the Lord?  The answer is “NO.”  My pure heart enables me to see God, but does not justify me before Him.  It is only Faith in Jesus that makes me able to stand, assured of an eternal future in Heaven.

Be glad if your heart is pure, but put no trust in even a pure heart.  Remember your heart can be led astray in a moment.  Put all your Faith in Jesus Christ and trust Him with all your heart!


“Lord Jesus, thank You for being the reason for my hope for Heaven.  Help me keep my heart pure today, so I can see God.  Praise Your Name forever.  Amen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment