Thursday, May 26, 2016

Spontaneous Concert of Praise!




All day long I will tell the wonderful things you do to save your people. But you have done much more than I could possibly know. I will praise you, Lord God, for your mighty deeds and your power to save.

You have taught me since I was a child, and I never stop telling about your marvelous deeds. Don't leave me when I am old and my hair turns gray. Let me tell future generations about your mighty power. Your deeds of kindness are known in the heavens. No one is like you!

Psalm 71:15-19

We often like to say the words “Praise God,” but how often are we specific about the wonderful things that God has done as we praise Him?

To praise someone, anyone without saying the “what for” is really quite strange!  When you attend an awards ceremony the one who presents the awards always tells the audience why the person is being honored!  But when it comes to God we shout His praises, but rarely if ever say why!

Of course, it is not a sin to praise God without saying why, but when you speak the reason for praising Him you will soon be reminded of a thousand other reasons to praise God and your day will turn into a spontaneous concert of praise!

If you praise God for the birds, you will think to praise Him for the trees, and of course the air in which they fly.  And you won’t forget the songs they sing to bring peace to your heart and the list can go on forever!

So when you praise God, open your eyes and praise Him for what you see in front of your face!


“Lord Jesus, I praise You today for hanging on the Cross so that I might be able to love You and look forward to living with You forever!  Amen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment