Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Joy of Answered Prayer


 

 

Click here to listen to blog 

 

You are now very sad. But later I will see you, and you will be so happy that no one will be able to change the way you feel. When that time comes, you won’t have to ask me about anything. I tell you for certain that the Father will give you whatever you ask for in my name. You have not asked for anything in this way before, but now you must ask in my name. Then it will be given to you, so that you will be completely happy.

John 16:22-24

It is not the gift that makes you happy, but the One who gives it! 

Forty-three years ago, on my birthday, a friend of mine, Gary Arnold, gave me a small plaster, mushroom shaped paper weight with a circle of felt on the bottom. I can’t imagine that it cost more than a couple of dollars, but it still sits on my desk today as a reminder of the days I worked for Gary and the friendship that developed during the years after that.

The gift is precious to me because the one who gave it was a special friend!

Answered prayer is a gift from God! When God answers your prayer, His hand touches you at your point of need. It is not the blessing He provides that is so memorable. It is being totally aware that the Creator of everything is reaching out and touching you! That is amazing.

Today, when I look at my plaster mushroom, I see my friend Gary and I think about when I will see him again at the feet of Jesus!

And when I think of the many answered prayers during my years here on earth, I am reminded that God Almighty is the one who not only formed me in my mother’s womb, but enables every breath I have taken and will take until the day I die!

“Lord Jesus, make me completely happy today by reminding me You are the One who gives me life itself! May we praise forever Your Holy Name! Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment