Monday, June 14, 2021

Please Come After Me!


 

 

I am your servant, but I have wandered away like a lost sheep. Please come after me, because I have not forgotten your teachings.

Psalm 119:176 

It only takes a moment to begin wandering away from the Lord! It may begin with a vengeful or hate filled thought, and then you go on to replace that thought with a sinful action.  

When you realize that you are wandering away from God, instead of crying out in sorrow for your sin, cry out for Him to come after you and rescue you from your foolishness! 

If you were lost at sea and suddenly a rescue boat appeared, you would not spend all your energy  weeping and wailing about how sorry you are for getting lost!

When the Holy Spirit begins the work of convicting your heart of sin, the miracle of a changed life sprouts from your hardened soil.

A pride filled man grieves because his expectations of personal perfection are destroyed by his need for Jesus!   

If you have wandered away from God, even for a moment, call out to Jesus to come after you and rescue you from your own foolishness!  

"Lord Jesus, come after me today and rescue me! It is only by Your Blood and Power that I can expect to come into the presence of God and fall down before the Throne! May Your Holy Name be praised now and forever. Amen!" 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment