Monday, November 14, 2016

Blessing and Trusting





People of Judah, your sins cannot be erased. They are written on your hearts like words chiseled in stone or carved on the corners of your altars.  One generation after another has set up pagan altars and worshiped the goddess Asherah everywhere in your country-- on hills and mountains, and under large trees.  So I'll take everything you own, including your altars, and give it all to your enemies.  You will lose the land that I gave you, and I will make you slaves in a foreign country, because you have made my anger blaze up like a fire that won't stop burning.  I, the LORD, have put a curse on those who turn from me and trust in human strength.  They will dry up like a bush in salty desert soil, where nothing can grow.  But I will bless those who trust me.

Jeremiah 17: 1 - 7

Sin is a terrible thing!  God does not simply erase your sins and pretend that they never happened!  The price of every sin must be paid and that price is the Blood of Jesus Christ.  Every sin you and I have ever committed added to the suffering of Jesus on the Cross!  Jesus personally felt the consequence of each and every sin in my life!  

After you have decided to follow Jesus, the doorway to more sin in your life is to trust in human strength!  When you trust in your own wisdom instead of asking for the wisdom of God in every situation you are asking for the opposition of God to frustrate your walk!  

The blessings of God and trusting in Him go hand in hand!  If you are not being blessed by God, maybe it is because you are not trusting Him!  Without dependence on God, the blessings of the Almighty seem to go away!  

But when you trust God, every blessing that comes from His hand washes over your heart!


“Lord Jesus, help me today to trust You in everything, that I might be blessed by You in every way!  Praise Your Holy Name forever!  Amen.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment