Sunday, November 20, 2016

Start With the Wall!





During the month of Nisan in the twentieth year that Artaxerxes was king, I served him his wine, as I had done before. But this was the first time I had ever looked depressed.  So the king said, "Why do you look so sad? You're not sick. Something must be bothering you." Even though I was frightened,  I answered, "Your Majesty, I hope you live forever! I feel sad because the city where my ancestors are buried is in ruins, and its gates have been burned down."  The king asked, "What do you want me to do?" I prayed to the God who rules from heaven.  Then I told the king, "Sir, if it's all right with you, please send me back to Judah, so that I can rebuild the city where my ancestors are buried."

Nehemiah 2: 1 - 5

The entire Book of Nehemiah is filled with amazingly up to date truths about rebuilding a nation that was once a God fearing land, but had fallen into great disrepair.  

If you live in the United States, you might be amazed that the first thing Nehemiah did was to repair the wall around the city of Jerusalem.  And while they were rebuilding the wall, the opposition was fierce.  The rest of the city could not be restored until the secure wall was in place!

The principles for rebuilding Jerusalem are also true for rebuilding your life, if you have walked away from God.  The first thing to do after you turn your heart back to Jesus is to rebuild the wall around your life.  There are things that have easy access to your heart that must be blocked by a wall of Righteousness!  And you can be sure that there will be strong opposition to the building of that wall!

Look at the wall around your heart today and if you see a piece of the wall that is missing, then fill up the hole today!  Guard your heart and mind from everything that would draw you away from Jesus!  Remember, every flood starts with the first drop of rain!  Protect your heart from everything that Satan would use to draw you away from God!


“Lord Jesus, I need You to show me today any holes in the wall around my heart!  Give me the strength and courage to rebuild that wall today.  And may You Jesus be praised forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment