Monday, November 21, 2016

Fully Functioning Fellowship!





I have honored my followers in the same way that you honored me, in order that they may be one with each other, just as we are one.   I am one with them, and you are one with me, so that they may become completely one. Then this world's people will know that you sent me. They will know that you love my followers as much as you love me.   Father, I want everyone you have given me to be with me, wherever I am. Then they will see the glory that you have given me, because you loved me before the world was created.

John 17: 22 - 25

The “oneness” of followers of Jesus is necessary if the people of this world are going to believe that Jesus was sent from God!  The best way for Satan to mute the message of the Gospel is to divide those who believe it!  If those who proclaim the love of God for all mankind do not share love for each other, then the truth of God’s love becomes suspect. 

A fully functioning fellowship of believers that walk in love for each other is a living display of what God is all about!  The world sees it and wants to know if they too could experience that kind of love in community with others!

Then the doctrines of Scripture cease to be points of argument.  The living relationships with each other and with Jesus are the enticement to the world.  

Such a congregation of believers will draw men and women out of the world and into fellowship with Jesus Himself!  The truths in Scripture will confirm that what you are seeing is not counterfeit.  Always check what you see by what you read in the Bible!  But never forget that the Word of God is talking about a living reality and not some kind of a pretend religion!


“Lord Jesus, help me today to be one with those who also loves and follows You.  Help us to love each other so that  many others will come to know You as well!  Praise Your Name forever.  Amen.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment