Thursday, April 28, 2016

Listen for the Lord!




Click here to listen to blog Then the glorious Lord All-Powerful ordered me to say to the nations that had raided and robbed Zion: Zion is as precious to the Lord as are his eyes. Whatever you do to Zion, you do to him. And so, he will put you in the power of your slaves, and they will raid and rob you. Then you will know that I am a prophet of the Lord All-Powerful.  City of Zion, sing and celebrate! The Lord has promised to come and live with you.  When he does, many nations will turn to him and become his people. At that time you will know that I am a prophet of the Lord All-Powerful.  Then Judah will be his part of the holy land, and Jerusalem will again be his chosen city.  Everyone, be silent! The Lord is present and moving about in his holy place. 

Zechariah 2:8-13 

When I was a small child I remember how comforting it was to go to sleep while hearing my mother and father moving about in the house. The noises they made and the conversations I heard filled my heart with peace. Every sound they made let me know that I was being watched over by my parents who loved me dearly!

Today, as a grown man, when my spirit is quiet I can hear the Lord moving about in the world which He made. I can see Him when I look at the heavens or the face of a new born baby who was made in His image. If you have never heard or seen the Lord moving about in the world around you, it is time that you got quiet and listened!  Just a little while ago I stopped and listened as a thunderstorm passed over our house.  Only God can rattle the windows and comfort my soul at the same time.

So as you move through this day listen for the sound of God "moving about in His holy place."  It will comfort your soul in these  very troubled times!

"Lord Jesus I can be at peace when I hear and see that You are near.  And may You be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment