Wednesday, January 9, 2019

When God Forgets




Click here to listen to blog

By his one sacrifice he has forever set free from sin the people he brings to God.  The Holy Spirit also speaks of this by telling us that the Lord said, "When the time comes, I will make an agreement with them. I will write my laws on their minds and hearts.  Then I will forget about their sins and no longer remember their evil deeds."

Hebrews 10:14-17

When you hear someone say, "I can forgive you, but I will never forget what you did" you can be sure that they are not being like God in their forgiveness!  When God forgives, He also forgets.

As men and women get older they become better and better at forgetting!  Being able to forget is a good thing.  The problem comes when you forget the wrong thing!  There is only one time the two words "God Can't" are said with complete and total accuracy and honesty!  Because of the Blood of Jesus, God can't remember my sin!  

Since God can, of courses do anything, perhaps it is accurate to say that God can't remember my sin because the Blood of Jesus removed my sin from history!  When the mind of God scans the history of my life, the sin that controlled me is gone, like a chapter torn out of a book!  

Remembering your sin is what Satan does, not God!  God looks and it is gone, but the Devil looks and sees the sin that Jesus has removed!  When you look at your life remember your walk with Jesus and the many ways He drew you to Himself.  Remember the Glory of God that is revealed every night in the Heavens!  To be like God you must remember everything that God remembers and forget everything He forgets!

"Thank You Jesus for making it possible for the Father to forget about my sin and remember no more my evil deeds.  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment