Tuesday, July 2, 2019

The Moment Before I Hear the Trumpet





Click Here to Listen to Blog

Every time I think of you, I thank my God.  And whenever I mention you in my prayers, it makes me happy.  This is because you have taken part with me in spreading the good news from the first day you heard about it.  God is the one who began this good work in you, and I am certain that he won't stop before it is complete on the day that Christ Jesus returns.

Philippians 1:3-6

Recently, I heard a missionary giving a report about his "work on the mission field."  It was a simple and powerful presentation. He spoke of how he was able to tell people about Jesus in the culture where he now lives and has been for more than 20 years.  

He did not talk about how many people gathered for worship meetings.  He talked about lost men and women and how they came to know Jesus.  The thing that he does is very simple.  He builds basic houses for poor people who can't afford them, and in the process tells them about the Love of Jesus Christ!  He has built hundreds of houses in the years he has been there, but did not report on how many people accepted Jesus!  It seems, his goal is to continue to proclaim the message and let the Lord count the results. 

The Phillipians began spreading the message of Jesus on the day they first heard it.  But, the job is not yet done and won't be complete until the day that Jesus returns!  

So, if today is the Day of the return of Jesus, my job is the same as it was yesterday and every day from the first time I heard the message!  I am to tell someone about Jesus Christ and His message of hope for everyone who turns their heart to Him! 

"Lord Jesus, may I be telling someone about You the moment before I hear the Trumpet! And  may Your Holy and Precious Name be Praised now and forever, Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment