Saturday, March 21, 2020

Make My People Suffer!





Click here to listen to blog

Suppose I hold back the rain or send locusts to eat the crops or make my people suffer with deadly diseases. If my own people will humbly pray and turn back to me and stop sinning, then I will answer them from heaven. I will forgive them and make their land fertile once again.


2 Chronicles 7:13-14 - CEV

God's own people all over the world are suffering with a deadly disease. God loves His children and His mercy is great, but faith in God is not automatically rewarded with immunity to Covid-19!

Years ago the Christian community in the United States discovered  the "If My People" verse and became excited about "prayer," but we ignored the call to stop sinning and turning back to God, and we, especially paid no attention to the verse just before it! We could not imagine that God would "make my people suffer with deadly diseases!" But now even the churches in the United States are mostly closed because of the fear that a disease would spread through the church if we met for worship!

Some see this time as an opportunity for "more creative ministry," as we use the internet to keep our "services" going! I believe this is rather a time to fall on our faces before the Lord. It is a time to repent and turn back to Him! It is a time to stop sinning!

Are the "End Times" upon us and the swarms of locusts sweeping through Africa and toward the Middle East another sign of the final days before the return of Jesus? When He comes we will know for certain, but until then our job is to cling tightly to Jesus and watch for His return!

If you want to know why God would send a deadly disease on the earth, look at your own heart! You may have drifted away from Jesus and needed to be shocked to the core by what you see in the mirror of God's Word! You may need "social distancing" from other people to stay well today, but you need total intimacy with Jesus Christ to be healed from the sickness of sin!

"Lord Jesus, bring me back to the place of knowing You as everything I need in this world and in the world to come! Thank You Jesus for the shocking reminder of a deadly disease! May Your Holy and Righteous Name be praised now and forever. Amen."

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment