Wednesday, May 20, 2020

WHAT WILL I SEE?



The last chapter in the Bible begins with these words:

"The angel showed me a river that was crystal clear, and its waters gave life. The river came from the throne where God and the Lamb were seated.  Then it flowed down the middle of the city’s main street. On each side of the river are trees that grow a different kind of fruit each month of the year. The fruit gives life, and the leaves are used as medicine to heal the nations.
God’s curse will no longer be on the people of that city. He and the Lamb will be seated there on their thrones, and its people will worship God and will see him face to face. God’s name will be written on the foreheads of the people. Never again will night appear, and no one who lives there will ever need a lamp or the sun. The Lord God will be their light, and they will rule forever."
Revelation 22:1-5
     When I open my eyes after closing them for the final time as I leave this earth, what will I see?  Perhaps an angel will be with me and show me the crystal clear river that comes from the throne of God and the Lamb!  I may see the city's Main Street with the Crystal Clear River flowing down the middle of that street.  And yes, I may gaze upon the trees that have a different kind of life giving fruit each month and leaves that heal!
     And don't forget the Face of God!  Yes, I will see His Face and on my First Day in Forever I will finally know what it will be like to have His eyes meet mine and see the One who created me and loves me beyond my fondest imagination!  And I will see Jesus who died so that I might be there!  Truthfully, I have known what Jesus looks like for a long time now, because He has spent years changing me into His likeness!  
     I will see the Name of God written on the foreheads of all the people standing there with me!  Every great artist signs his work and so does the Greatest Artist of all!  
     And that will be just the beginning of Forever with Jesus!
     "Lord Jesus, thank You for everything that has been and everything that is to come with You forever.  Praise Your Holy Name now and always.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment