Sunday, June 28, 2020

The Healing Kiss of Jesus



Click here to listen to blog

So Christ died only once to take away the sins of many people. But when he comes again, it will not be to take away sin. He will come to save everyone who is waiting for him. 

Hebrews 9:28

When I was a very small child I remember my mother responding to my crying after I might stumble and bump my knee or my elbow by saying "Let me kiss it and make it well!"  She would kiss me where it hurt and it did make it better.  

The love of a mother wants to make her child better in every way, and the love of Jesus wants to make you free from not only the consequences of sin, but free from sin itself!  

The Kiss of Jesus is the Cross and everything it does for your past, present and future!  Jesus makes you well again and as an old hymn says "heals the sin sick soul."  

Every man's heart is wounded and broken by the sin that floods the world around him and even in him.  Everyone needs Jesus to "Kiss it and make it well."  Open your heart and let Jesus see where it is broken and bruised and let Him touch your heart with the Eternal Kiss of Salvation.  

"Lord Jesus, You are the One who loves each one of us even more than a mother loves her child. May Your touch make us well for Eternity. May Your Holy and Righteous Name be praised now and forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment