Friday, December 25, 2015

My Thoughts and God's!



Click here to listen to blog 

Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near.
Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the LORD that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously.
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD . “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
“The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry.
It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.

Isaiah 55:6-11

We have sinful thoughts and ways, but God does not!  That is the real difference between God and man.  God does not sin but men do sin, and that is the problem!

Jesus Christ came to this earth to be like a man so that we can be like God and not sin! 

Jesus did what we cannot do.  He lived without sin!  The dilemma of being human is that we spend our lives trying to do what can't be done.  An authentic encounter with Jesus will free us from the impossible burden of trying to live a sinless life on our own. 

"Lord help me today to give up my ways and my thoughts and embrace the power of Your Holy Spirit so that I may have Your ways and Your thoughts!  And may You Lord Jesus be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment