Friday, December 18, 2015

Words that Work!

 

Click here to listen to blog 

Turn to the Lord!  He can still be found.  Call out to God! He is near.  Give up your evil ways and your evil thoughts.  Return to the Lord our God.  He will be merciful and forgive your sins.  The Lord says: “My thoughts and my ways are not like yours.  Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, my thoughts and my ways are higher than yours. “Rain and snow fall from the sky.  But they don't return without watering the earth that produces seeds to plant and grain to eat.  That's how it is with my words. They don't return to me without doing everything I send them to do.”

Isaiah 55:6-11

The Word of God is very different from the words of man. Men may talk about doing lots of things and then do nothing at all in the end. But when God speaks a Word that Word itself works in the world and accomplishes the Will of God!

Words of men without actions are worthless and the "stuff" of political promises. Smooth talking deceivers tell us what we want to hear and then do what they want when they are put in power. But every Word of God is true and has no deception in it. It is not only true, but the Word of God plows through the world and changes the hearts of men!

You see the Bible is not just a book about the miraculous power of God working in the world. The Bible is the miraculous power of God as it changes everything it touches.

In the Beginning God spoke the world into existence and His creative power is still available to create a clean heart in you as you listen to His Word!

"Lord, give me a greater hunger for the Words that come from You. Let me see Your Words work all around me today and forever. Praise Your Holy Name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment