Monday, December 7, 2015

Knowing Jesus!




Nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have given up everything else and count it all as garbage. All I want is Christ and to know that I belong to him. I could not make myself acceptable to God by obeying the Law of Moses. God accepted me simply because of my faith in Christ.   All I want is to know Christ and the power that raised him to life. I want to suffer and die as he did, so that somehow I also may be raised to life.

Philippians 3:8-11

Do you want to know Jesus or do you simply want to know about Him?

Of course you can know everything that there is to know about Jesus Christ and not really know Him personally. You can also know Him as your Lord and Savior with only a minimal knowledge of the facts about His life on this earth.

Your walk as a follower of Jesus is not judged by how knowledgeable you are about the life of Jesus. Following Jesus is a daily walk with Him where the Holy Spirit guides your every step and influences all your thoughts. As you walk with Jesus your knowledge about Him will increase, but not because you simply memorized a list of facts. You will know more about Jesus because you read the Bible and then recognize that Jesus is the one who is living in you today and is working through your every encounter with others!

You will see that Jesus not only rose from the grave, but He is still alive and working in your heart! That is a truly astonishing truth that the world around you cannot grasp!

"Lord Jesus, thank You for the promise to be with me always, even to the end of the world. May I know You better today than I have ever known You before. And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment