Thursday, March 24, 2016

Don't Worship the Messenger!


Click here to listen to blog 
Then I was told: These words are true and can be trusted. The Lord God controls the spirits of his prophets, and he is the one who sent his angel to show his servants what must happen right away.  Remember, I am coming soon! God will bless everyone who pays attention to the message of this book.  My name is John, and I am the one who heard and saw these things. Then after I had heard and seen all this, I knelt down and began to worship at the feet of the angel who had shown it to me.  But the angel said, Don’t do that! I am a servant, just like you. I am the same as a follower or a prophet or anyone else who obeys what is written in this book. God is the one you should worship. 

 Revelation 22:6-9 

Are you shocked at your own spiritual weakness? Perhaps you should not be. Here, John the Apostle had been shown all the glorious scenes that became the Book of Revelation and then he bowed down to worship at the feet of the angel who brought the message. 

John was tempted to worship someone other than God and he was scolded for it! 

If you are strong in the Lord and daily hearing His voice and seeing the things of God that others do not see let your heart be warned! You may also be tempted to fall down and worship at the feet of the one who delivers the message from Heaven. 

Remember, the greatest man or woman of God who has ever lived is not worthy of even one second of your worship! 

"Lord Jesus, thank You for showing me so much of the message of Heaven. Give me the wisdom and strength to worship only You and not the one who brought the message! May You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment