Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Is God Finished With You?



Click here to listen to blog
 
Forty years later, an angel appeared to Moses from a burning bush in the desert near Mount Sinai.  Moses was surprised by what he saw. He went closer to get a better look, and the Lord said,  “I am the God who was worshiped by your ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” Moses started shaking all over and didn’t dare to look at the bush.  The Lord said to him, “Take off your sandals. The place where you are standing is holy.   With my own eyes I have seen the suffering of my people in Egypt. I have heard their groans and have come down to rescue them. Now I am sending you back to Egypt.”

Acts 7:30-34


Moses had wanted to help the Children of Israel, but that was 40 years ago. Then he was strong and young, but now Moses was 80 years old and was a shepherd who took care of his sheep.  God sent 80 year old Moses to Egypt to free the people from slavery with only a staff in his hand and the Word of God in his mouth.

Have you given up all hope that God will use you to help fulfill His purposes on this earth?  Are you like Moses, now old and many years past the glory of your youth and separated from the power and position that you had in "Egypt?" 

Well remember the story of Moses and keep your eyes open for the Burning Bush.  And if you see the bush on fire open your ears and listen for the Word of the Lord and His directions for you.

"Lord Jesus, help me keep my eyes and ears open for Your Word for me today.  I know that You are not finished with me yet.  And may You, Lord Jesus be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment