Friday, March 25, 2016

Wash Me Jesus!



Click here to listen to blog 
Jesus knew that he had come from God and would go back to God. He also knew that the Father had given him complete power.  So during the meal Jesus got up, removed his outer garment, and wrapped a towel around his waist.  He put some water into a large bowl. Then he began washing his disciples' feet and drying them with the towel he was wearing.  But when he came to Simon Peter, that disciple asked, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?” Jesus answered, “You don’t really know what I am doing, but later you will understand.”  “You will never wash my feet!” Peter replied. “If I don’t wash you,” Jesus told him, “you don’t really belong to me.”

John 13:3-8


I remember when I was a small child my mother would wash my face.  It was never a pleasant experience.  I always thought she rubbed my face to hard with the wash cloth, and frankly I didn't understand the need for it.  But now, years later with six children and twenty two grandchildren, I understand completely why my face needed to be washed!

Jesus says that if I belong to Him I will let Him wash me.  Jesus doesn't just wash my face, rather He washes wherever my life is stained by sin.  And Jesus is the only One who can completely remove the filth of this world from my heart!

Peter didn't want to let Jesus wash his feet, and so often I don't want to let Jesus wash away the corruption of this world that tries to pull me away from Him.  Let Jesus wash you today and show everyone that you belong to Jesus!

"Lord Jesus, I need your cleansing power in my life today and everyday.  Wash me so that I may stand spotless before You, my Lord and my God!  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment