Sunday, September 28, 2014

Have You Finished the Work?

IMG_7127
Jesus knew that he had now finished his work. And in order to make the Scriptures come true, he said, “I am thirsty!”   A jar of cheap wine was there. Someone then soaked a sponge with the wine and held it up to Jesus' mouth on the stem of a hyssop plant.   After Jesus drank the wine, he said, “Everything is done!” He bowed his head and died.

John 19:28-30

What would your life be like if you finished all the work that God had prepared for you to do?  Not only was Jesus sinless in His life on this earth, but there was not one thing that God wanted Jesus to do that He overlooked or ignored!

For me to be like Jesus, I must not only avoid sin in my life, but I must also listen to the leading of the Holy Spirit and set myself about "doing my Father's business!"  Every prompting of the Spirit in my life carries with it the weight of Heaven, even if it seems small and insignificant here on earth.

When you look back on your life you can see how seemingly unimportant decisions and steps resulted in a change in direction for your life that had a major impact!  When those decisions and steps are prompted by the Holy Spirit the change is good.  When they are from your own lusts and pride the direction is bad!

That is why it is crucial that you put every thought, word and deed to the test of "is this what God wants me to do?"  When you come to the end of each day you can then say that you have finished the work that God had for you to do on that day of your life!

"Lord Jesus, help me to be like You in doing everything You want me to do.  No matter how small it seems, I want to finish the work that You have for me today!  And may You be praised forever!  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment