Thursday, May 28, 2015

When a Nation Falls!


Click here to listen to blog
The angel shouted,“Fallen! Powerful Babylon has fallen and is now the home of demons.  It is the den of every filthy spirit and of all unclean birds, and every dirty and hated animal.   Babylon's evil and immoral wine has made all nations drunk.  Every king on earth has slept with her, and every merchant on earth is rich because of her evil desires.”

Revelation 18:2-3

There are those who believe that the United States is "Babylon" in Revelation 18! The first person I ever heard mention that possibility was David Wilkerson, author of "The Cross and the Switchblade."

If the decline and fall of the United States of America is the direct fulfillment of the prophecy of Revelation 18 what does that mean for you and me as followers of Jesus Christ? When I think I see a Bible passage happening right before my eyes I am tempted to be proud that I was smart enough to "figure it out!"

But that pride is indeed foolish! It would be like a passenger on the Titanic rejoicing because he had come to know that the ship was going to sink!


Truthfully, whether or not the United States is "Babylon" in Revelation 18 is irrelevant. What is relevant is that the United States has done the things that a nation does when it turns away from God and the consequences are always the same!

The good news is that you can be Godly and still live in a godless nation! You can order your life according to the Word of God and not the will of man. You can, with the help of the Holy Spirit stand strong for Jesus when everyone else turns away from God.

"Lord Jesus, when my nation falls away from You help me to stand with my feet firmly planted in Your will! And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment