Friday, June 16, 2017

No Other Way to be Happy in Jesus!




Shout praises to the LORD! Our God is kind, and it is right and good to sing praises to him.  The LORD rebuilds Jerusalem and brings the people of Israel back home again.  He renews our hopes and heals our bodies.  He decided how many stars there would be in the sky and gave each one a name.  Our LORD is great and powerful! He understands everything.  The LORD helps the poor, but he smears the wicked in the dirt.  Celebrate and sing! Play your harps for the LORD our God.  He fills the sky with clouds and sends rain to the earth, so that the hills will be green with grass.  He provides food for cattle and for the young ravens, when they cry out.  The LORD doesn't care about the strength of horses or powerful armies.  The LORD is pleased only with those who worship him and trust his love.

Psalm 147: 1 - 11

It is so very easy to judge the hearts of other people while ignoring the intent of your own heart!  I find myself pointing my finger at other people when I am guilty myself and want to divert attention from my own heart!  

I suppose, I am trying to make myself feel better by exposing the sin of others which I consider to be much worse than my own!  The Bible never says that I please Jesus by recognizing sin in other people.  It clearly says that I please the Lord by worshipping Him and trusting His love!  

There is an old hymn which perhaps says it best.  “There is no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to TRUST AND OBEY!”

When I do that instead of pointing at the sins of others I am pointing others to the One who died that their sins might be taken away!  


“Lord Jesus, keep my focus on You this day!  May my heart be too filled with Your love to criticize those who need to trust You as well.  Praise Your Holy Name forever.  Amen.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment