Sunday, October 14, 2018

Full Disclosure to the Lord



Click here to listen to blog

Before I confessed my sins, my bones felt limp, and I groaned all day long.  Night and day your hand weighed heavily on me, and my strength was gone as in the summer heat.  So I confessed my sins and told them all to you. I said, "I'll tell the LORD each one of my sins." Then you forgave me and took away my guilt.  We worship you, Lord, and we should always pray whenever we find out that we have sinned. Then we won't be swept away by a raging flood.  You are my hiding place! You protect me from trouble, and you put songs in my heart because you have saved me.

Psalm 32:3-7

There is a raging flood that will sweep away men and women who do not confess their sins to the Lord!  According to these verses we can sin and then find out later that we did it!  Sin is, therefore not something that we always do on purpose.  

A man's conscience is not the deciding factor about whether or not something is sin.  You can sin with a completely clean conscience!  Just because something is legal and even acceptable in the eyes of your country and culture does not mean that it is right according to God Almighty!  Also, history is filled with people who lived honestly and righteously before the Lord and in the light of His Word but they became criminals in the eyes of the government of their country!  

The Word of God is the standard by which our sin is revealed.  If you don't know what God has said about a thing, how can you know what He thinks about it?  

If you desire to be an upstanding and honest citizen even when the laws of your country contradict the Word of God, you may find yourself honored by your country, but not by God!  It is better to be right in the eyes of the Lord than to be the most revered person in your land!  

"Lord Jesus, give me the courage to confess all my sin to You and be willing to walk according to Your Word in everything I do!  May Your Holy and Righteous Name be praised now and forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment