Sunday, October 7, 2018

NEWS FLASH




If we say that we share in life with God and keep on living in the dark, we are lying and are not living by the truth.  But if we live in the light, as God does, we share in life with each other. And the blood of his Son Jesus washes all our sins away.  If we say that we have not sinned, we are fooling ourselves, and the truth isn't in our hearts.  But if we confess our sins to God, he can always be trusted to forgive us and take our sins away.  If we say that we have not sinned, we make God a liar, and his message isn't in our hearts.

1 John 1:6-10

When you say “I have not sinned,” you are making a declaration of “I have no need for Jesus!”  If fallen humanity could pick themselves up off of the trash heap of life and present themselves to Jesus clean and worthy of Heaven, then Jesus did not need to come!

So why am I ashamed to admit that I have sinned?  Refusing to acknowledge my sin tells the world “If you just live like me, you won’t need Jesus!”  

NEWS FLASH! When you turned your heart to Jesus, your body did not rejoice!  Your flesh probably said, “But what about my desires, and the pride that I want to take for being who I am?”  As a follower of Jesus you decided that you would not be ruled by your body and it’s many desires!  

When the Bible says “All of us have sinned and fallen short of God’s glory” (Romans 3:23) it is talking about you and about me!  As long as you live and breathe on this earth temptation will try to draw you away from Jesus!  

You and I, and all men and women are sinners because that is the nature that Adam and Eve passed on to us!  The Devil wants you to believe and declare that you are not a sinner and have no need for Jesus Christ!

“Lord Jesus, I need your sacrifice for my sin as much as anyone ever born on this earth!  The Apostle Paul declared himself to be “Chief of Sinners,” but so are we all!  May Your Holy and Powerful Name be praised now and forever.  Amen.”  


No comments:

Post a Comment