Monday, September 9, 2019

Anchor Your Heart in Jesus




We must give our full attention to what we were told, so we won't drift away. The message spoken by angels proved to be true, and all who disobeyed or rejected it were punished as they deserved. So if we refuse this great way of being saved, how can we hope to escape? The Lord himself was the first to tell about it, and people who heard the message proved to us that it was true. God himself showed that his message was true by working all kinds of powerful miracles and wonders. He also gave his Holy Spirit to anyone he chose to.

Hebrews 2:1-4

Sitting alone on a lake in a small boat, on a beautiful day is perhaps the most relaxing thing a man can do. The soft sound of the tiny waves lapping up against the sides of the boat can lull you to sleep very quickly. A gentle breeze will cool you and enough clouds to keep the sun’s burning rays at bay will distract your attention from everything that might present a danger!

But unless your boat is firmly anchored to the bottom of the lake you will begin to drift! I have done that very thing, and looked up from my serenity with a flash of fear! “Oh, my, where am and I and how far have I drifted from the place I wanted to be?” If you are only a few meters from where you started, you can quickly regain your orientation, but if the drifting has gone on for hours or more you may find yourself in trouble.

Your job then is to get back to the place you wanted to be!

If you find that your life has drifted away from Jesus, it is time to get back to the place of dropping your anchor into the heart of Jesus. Then you will not drift away from Him. But if you pull up your anchor, even for a short time your life will drift away from Jesus! That is not what you want to do and it will not bring you to a place of peace, but rather turmoil and confusion!

Again, your job is to get your life back to the place where you can anchor your heart in Jesus!

“Lord Jesus, help me to never pull my anchor away from You as I travel through this life. Hold me tight to Your Heart and warn me if I try to pull away. Praise Your Holy and Righteous Name now and forever, Amen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment