Sunday, October 27, 2019

Knowing About God?




Click here to listen to blog

They know about God, but they don't honor him or even thank him. Their thoughts are useless, and their stupid minds are in the dark.  They claim to be wise, but they are fools.  They don't worship the glorious and eternal God. Instead, they worship idols that are made to look like humans who cannot live forever, and like birds, animals, and reptiles.  So God let these people go their own way. They did what they wanted to do, and their filthy thoughts made them do shameful things with their bodies.  They gave up the truth about God for a lie, and they worshiped God's creation instead of God, who will be praised forever. Amen. 

Romans 1:21-25 - CEV

What do you know about God?  And if you know anything about Him, do you honor Him and thank Him?  If you do not, these verses warn that you will eventually give up the truth about God and accept a lie!  

You can know everything there is to know about God and still spend eternity separated from Him!  It is not enough that you have mastered all the available facts about God.  Knowing "about" Him is not the same as "Knowing" Him!  

At the age of 6 my parents enrolled me in a school that provided Bible classes every day.  I attended that same school for 16 years and, if my math is correct had close to 3,000 hours of Bible study along with all my other education!

But I never remember, even one class about the personal relationship with Jesus that is essential to walking with Him!  Please understand I am not criticizing the Bible classes.  They gave me so very much useful and precious information about Jesus.  But they did not actively encourage me to commit to my daily walk with Him!  

It doesn't matter how much to know about Jesus, if you don't know Him, it will all be for nothing!  Bible knowledge is wonderful because it gives you the vocabulary of Heaven so you can speak with Jesus in His native language!  Truthfully, the more you know Jesus, the more you will want to know about Him, but simply knowing about Him is not enough!

"Lord Jesus, I want to know You, not just know about You!  May all I know about You help me to know You better today and every day for the rest of my life.  Praise Your Holy Name, now and forever.  Amen."   


No comments:

Post a Comment