Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Sunrise in Your Heart




Click here to listen to Blog

If we claim to be in the light and hate someone, we are still in the dark.  But if we love others, we are in the light, and we don't cause problems for them.  If we hate others, we are living and walking in the dark. We don't know where we are going, because we can't see in the dark.

1 John 2:9-11 - CEV

When the lights go out, everything changes!  If you live in a place where electricity is plentiful enough for you to keep the lights on after dark in your house, you know what I am talking about.  A disruption in your electricity makes life much more difficult.

When I was a child and grew tall enough to reach the light switch, I thought it was a "great joke" to turn the lights out on a dark night!  My parents quickly told me that darkness is not a joke!

If you are walking in the light of Jesus Christ and filled with His Holy Spirit, you are living a glorious life.  It is the one Jesus planned for you to live on this earth.  But if you chose then to hate someone, even one person, you turn out the lights in your life!  Darkness will come upon and you may not even notice that darkness!  

Spiritual darkness is not a joke!  When you love everyone, even your enemies, you turn on the lights in your heart and you will know where you are going.  When the lights are out, you don't where you are going!

If I were Satan, I would try to get followers of Jesus to hate just one person.  That will flip the switch and turn off the Light in your life!  If there is someone that you hate, darkness is coming upon you.  Replace that hate with the Love of Jesus and watch the "Sunrise in Your Heart."  

"Lord Jesus, reveal to me whether or not there is hate in my heart.  If there is, please help me to repent and replace it with Your Love!  Praise Your Holy and Righteous Name, now and forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment