Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Purpose!

Mordecai told the messenger to reply to Esther, "Don't think that you will escape the fate of all the Jews because you are in the king's palace. If you keep silent at this time, liberation and deliverance will come to the Jewish people from another place, but you and your father's house will be destroyed. Who knows, perhaps you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this."

Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: "Go and assemble all the Jews who can be found in Susa and fast for me. Don't eat or drink for three days, night and day. I and my female servants will also fast in the same way. After that, I will go to the king even if it is against the law. If I perish, I perish."

Esther 4:13-16

You may not realize it, but the word “God” is not in the Book of Esther. The entire book could be read in any public school without upsetting the political correctness watchdogs. But the story in Esther is all about how God manipulated the heart of the king and orchestrated the life of a young girl named Esther in order to save His people from destruction. The ascension to the throne as Queen was no accident. Every part of the story was an essential note in the melody played before the hosts of heaven who witnessed the struggle between Good and Evil!

The life of Esther is the life of every man and woman who has ever been born! God had a purpose for Esther and He has a purpose for your existence. He did not craft you in your mother’s womb for no reason. Like Esther, you may not see His purpose for years and years and then in one dramatic moment God’s reason for your life becomes clear as you are confronted with a monumental decision. Faithfulness to God is essential during all the years of ignorance of His purpose as well as in the moment of truth when you step forward in faith or fall back in fear and refuse to do His will!

It may sound strange, but my life is being chronicled in “The Book of Bill.” No one other than God may read the story, but He is the Author of the plot, the Creator of the characters and the One who holds the final chapter in His hand! My job is to play the part He has written for me with all my heart. I must truly become the character He cast me to portray! And if I forget my lines, the Holy Spirit will whisper them in the ears of my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment