Sunday, April 25, 2010

Come Quickly!

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."

1 Peter 1:13-16

Little things can certainly mean a lot. When my children were small and I would come home from a business trip I always heard, “Did you bring me a prize?” It must have started when I picked up something for each of the children while away and so they looked forward to the next trip for the “prize.”

When Jesus returns He will bring a prize for those who are God’s children! According to 1 Peter that prize is Grace. One dictionary defines Grace as “the infinite love, mercy, favor, and goodwill shown to humankind by God.” Of course Jesus shows us these things today, and we are grateful. But when He returns we will be immersed in, surrounded and even consumed by His love, mercy, favor and goodwill.

Even as the young couple engaged to be married hopes for that day to arrive, we look forward to the return of Jesus. “Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.” I am the object of the Love of God! How can that be? I am a frail and sinful human being. I do not deserve His love. But the Love of God comes not because I am strong or sinless. It certainly does not come because I deserve it. There is no justification for the Love of God, but because of the Love of God there is justification through the Blood Jesus!

Hold on to the Hope of His return! That means think about it and imagine what it will be like when you meet Jesus face to face. The veil will be removed and you will see Him as He is. Let not your heart be troubled! He is coming soon! Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment