Sunday, April 11, 2010

Perfect Ending!

The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.

1 Peter 4:7

After reading hundreds of pages of a novel, the last page or even last paragraph can make or break the story. Either it ends in a way that satisfies everything you hoped would happen, or it ends in frustration, leaving you almost wishing you had never picked up the book in the first place.

So here is a “novel” idea! (Play on words intended.) I will write a story and leave the ending as a blank page. Then, when you get to the end of the story you can write that part to make it work out just like you think it should. To be even cuter I would call it an “Endless Story.” It is not a terrible idea, but I don’t think I had better quit my day job to pursue it.

Life itself is a little like my “Endless Story” idea with a twist. God has given you a notebook filled with paper. Each day starts as a blank page and you write the events of your life from the time you wake until you retire for the night. As of this morning I have written 23,298 pages in my life story. There have been exciting days and mundane. I don’t yet know how many pages my story will take, but I do know how it will end. You see, I don’t write the end of my story. Many years ago I gave God the production and editorial rights to my life, and so God writes the ending of my story. Because of Jesus the story of my life will end gloriously!

Do you know how your story will end? Are you still working hard to make everything work out in the end? Here is the simple solution. Give your heart, mind and strength to Jesus Christ and live each day listening for His direction in your life. Then when you come to write the final page of your story Jesus will give it the PERFECT ENDING! It will be Heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment