Thursday, January 27, 2011

Live for His Praise!

“On the contrary, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart-by the Spirit, not the letter. That man's praise is not from men but from God.”

Romans 2:29

The first time I bought a pizza from a small locally owned pizza shop the cook put a phone number on the box and asked me to call him and let him know what I thought of the pizza.  He was certain that I would give him praise for the pizza, and I did.  It was indeed delicious although I think eating it for lunch would be safer.  It was very spicy!

All men want praise.  God created us with the need for praise.  Something deep inside my being is touched when someone praises me.

Wanting praise is not a problem. Wanting praise from men rather than God is a problem.  When you want praise from men you will do whatever it takes to solicit that praise.  But when you desire praise from God you will do whatever He wants so He will praise you.

The illustration may seem to be beneath a proper comparison, but my dog will obey me because I will praise her when she does.  Sometimes she obeys to get a treat, but my praise of her is important and should be the ultimate inspiration in her life.

Live to please God and He will give you everything you need in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment